Happy International Dog Day!!!! Especially, to those lucky pitty owners who jump through a few extra hoops to take care of a “banned breed” pup. If you know, you know. Here’s a list, in no particular order, of my favorite things about having and taking care of a 70-pound 4-legged bestie for the past six years:
– An adventure buddy to join you on road trips, hikes, and late-night runs in the city.
– Cuddles, snuggles, and da love when you get home.
– Walks on walks on walks on walks.
– Introducing me to new people at breweries.
– Being able to put her in a sweater when it’s cold.
– Waking up a few times a night to let her back under the covers.
– Watching her tongue wag on hot days.
– Figuring out ways to get her to drink water on hot days.
I love Luna. She is my family. My daughter. She keeps me safe. Thank you Luna, girl.